This dip is the reason that I fell in love with Heidi Swanson (guac with curry?!), and I like sharing it with new people. We made a batch yesterday to enjoy with Corinne and Mahnaz after our gardening adventure.
Avocados and Mustard Seeds
(from Super Natural Every Day)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 small yellow onion, mined
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 small chile, mincedCut each avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, salt, and most of the cilantro. Mash the avocados a bit with a fork, but don’t overdo it— you want the mixture to be quite chunky. Set aside.
Heat the butter n a skillet over medium-high heat. When it is hot, add the mustard seeds. Keep a lid on hand because the seeds will scatter as they pop. When the spattering stops, after about a minute, stir in the onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic, curry powder, and chile.
Count to ten, and then remove from heat. Stir in the avocado mixture, but just barely, and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
- celebratinancreatinbeauty likes this
- you-were-my-picket-fence likes this
- hardiegrantuk reblogged this from adriennes
- darkkaomi reblogged this from yaminoyume
- yaminoyume reblogged this from adriennes
- gomomogo reblogged this from adriennes and added:
- yaminoyume likes this
- adriennes posted this